I decided that today I would share my families favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe! It is super popular at the Larkin residence, so much so that there aren't any pictures of the actual cookies! : ( I waited too long and they were all gone before I got a picture, woops! Oh well, our cookies look just like any other oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, but they are extra special because of how salty and sweet they taste!
You are gonna need:
3 cups quick oats
1&1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2&1/2 sticks butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1&1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- making this delicious maple mustard pork tenderloin for dinner. I just skipped the whole plank thing and cooked it straight on the grill! I suggest doing the brine, it made the meat so juicy and kept it from drying out. I made some garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli to go with it. Yummy dinner!
- looking at summer dresses! I am obsessed with cute floral summer dresses and I would love to have some like this and this. I am on the mad hunt for cute dress tutorials and patterns right now so I can make my own.
- also looking at getting some hair feathers. When I first heard about the concept from my sister, Leigh, I thought it was the strangest style ever, but I have been looking for a while now to get bright colors in my hair in some way. I think my friends and family are relieved to hear I am backing away from the idea of dying my whole head of hair pink. : ]
- hearing about a bunch of babysitting jobs! God is so good, and like one of my friends said, when it rains, it pours! I heard about three different babysitting jobs in one day, and I have an interview set up for this coming Wednesday. I've been sharing some of the jobs with my sister so I am hoping things will work out for the best for both of us!