- Enough fabric to cover the frame and mirror
- Modge Podge
- Paint brushes or foam brushes to spread glue
- Oven cleaner (or hydrochloric acid)
- Gloves (protect yourself when you use the chemicals!)
- Iron (if your fabric needs to be smoothed out)
I had pretty much everything already. I suggest trying the oven cleaner out first if it is a newer mirror but if you want to play it safe you can just go straight to using the acid. The acid will work! After trying millions of things, the acid stripped the silvering off in seconds. Just be careful and know that you will have to buy a huge amount, which you might not use again. If you live near me you can totally have some of mine because I probably won't be using it very often!